- 31 st March 2018
Extended Deadline: 21 May 2018
Funding and Duration
Depending on the scope of the proposed activities and the size of partnership, funding ranges from USD 20,000 to USD 35,000 per grant for a duration of 12 to 15 months, starting 15 June 2018. Three to four grants will be awarded.
Proposals will be reviewed by an independent panel of climate change and adaptation experts, according to the following criteria.
- Scientific quality: Validity and relevance of research question, quality of literature review, clarity and appropriateness of methodology for data collection and/or analyses, potential for international peer reviewed publication.
- Policy relevance: With direct policy implications, proven feasible and sustainable adaptation measures.
- Strength of partnership: Clearly defiend roles, responsibilities, and contributions of each partner. Proposal based on existing partnership and scope for continuation, evidence of ownership or shared leadership, linkage with HUC TWGs, presence of women as principal investigators in the team, incorporation of Swiss expertise, etc.
- Interdisciplinary approach: Balance between natural and social sciences, creative use of stakeholder engaging strategies, etc.
- Potential for upscaling: Replicability and applicability of research outcome or/and adaptation measures in other contexts.
- Potential for impact and sustainability: Identified impact areas, secured commitment for policy or curriculum uptake by relevant institutions, potential for external funding from government and international agencies.